Sunday, August 16, 2009

Oh, what have you done to me?

Oh, what have you done to me? Ever since that day I saw you, so long ago, you have been on my mind every day. There was love instantly; an immediate connection, and I was changed forever.

Oh, what have you done to me? There are moments when my hunger for you is so strong I would do anything - anything! - to get to you. There is no substitute. It has to be you. I am addicted, and when I am unable to get my fix, I am moody, bad-tempered, and hopelessly dissatisfied. It's not easy not having control. I wonder, if I had known back then, when my affair with you first began, how ruthlessly you would wreak havoc with my mind and body, would I still have made that first move to reach out and touch you? Every fibre of me screams Yes! A thousand times yes! I would survive without you in my life, but there would be no flavour, no joyful decadence, no sumptuous temptation...

Oh, what have you done to me? One dose of you requires hours of recovery. You are detrimental to my health, and yet I could not bear to give you up. Sometimes I feel like I should enrol in a twelve-step programme to give me the strength to get away, and stay away, from you. How can something so wrong for me, still feel so right? Maybe it's time to say goodbye, and focus on something that is GOOD for me. I don't have that energy to bounce back in good shape like before. I will miss you, but surely there are enough distractions out there!

Oh, what have you done to me? I am afraid it's time to go our separate ways. It's no longer as easy to get rid of your effect on me, and something tells me it's an unhealthy, unbalanced relationship. Oh, I will miss you, and think of you often and fondly remember all the moments we shared. But I have made up my mind.

Oh, chocolate cake, what have you done to me? No salad is as tempting and delicious as you. No session in the gym as satisfying. But it's time for a change.

1 comment:

  1. A very wise friend told me just yday, " coffee, chocolate, men... Some things are just better rich" ;-) xxx

    ReplyDelete