Thursday, January 4, 2018

Translucent

I'm barely there.

I don't mean this in the au naturale make up goals kind of way. I don't mean this in a sad kind of way. I've just realised that I don't know me anymore.

I've never been very identity-oriented. Labels are still not my thing (I think). And this isn't even about that. But you always kind of know who you are - in your core. Hopes, dreams, character, failings - all those intangible things that make up that unique being that is you.

Perhaps this is what happens in life. Bits of you get wrenched from you. Others don't quite fit. Others are suddenly necessary. If I went down memory lane I might see where and how all these pieces were discarded - a chronological map of this new me.

This me that feels like less.

The jury's out on whether this is good or bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment