Tuesday, March 16, 2010

On Edge

Tonight I'm a drone of dichotomies. Exhilarated and anxious. Hopeful and despondent. Needing oxygen, but unable to breathe. There's a feeling of being so small, so inconsequential, and of knowing something big is about to come. Something great. Something important. And there is so much fear because I may never be the same again.

Every song sung so far, has been sung for me. Every chord of music, is a plucking of my heartstrings. I am every cliche brought to life, and every metaphor simplified. I am panic and adrenaline and desire and yearning. I am my own hero, and yet all I can do is send out SOS signals. I'm the silver screen brought to life, and reality made into a movie. I am confused and clear, and exploding with so much feeling. My lungs are full - there is no room for another breath.

Breathe little one... Breathe!

I feel the best of myself merging with the worst of myself. I feel complete, and yet lacking in so many ways. I have lost my breath, my confidence, maybe even what little sanity I possess. I must remember to breathe!

I'm on the edge. Blue skies above beckon; the ground far below teems with jagged rocks. The terrain is stark and stunning. Birds chirp and predators prowl, and here I am teetering at the very edge. Breathe! I do not know yet where the next moment is going to take me. Will I fall, or will I fly? Knowing means going to the edge.

I'm here... at the edge. And I just can't breathe! The moment has arrived, and I need, I must, I will fly.

5 comments: