Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Retrospect

There are many things that you look back upon, and think, 'Aaah, so that's why it happened to me!', or, 'That's what I learned from it!' I'm not sure whether it's because everything happens for a reason, or that we become adept at justifying. We are a species with both logic and emotion (well most of us have both, I hope!), and because of this, I believe we always try and 'make sense' of things.

I'm not sure how far you can make sense of many things... I always believed that I, personally, was ruled by logic. Of late, I can lay no claims to this. I have discovered pride, and hurt, and how it feels when your pride is hurt (hehe). I now understand desperation, and the urge to hurt someone in the same way that they have hurt you. While I didn't fully succumb to this urge, I can definitely empathise now.

One of my favourite phrases is, 'The more the shit, the more fertilised your fields'. So am going to chalk all these unsavoury situations to experience, and believe that all the lessons that I am learning - that I don't KNOW I am learning - will make me an even better person in the very near (please!) future.

So right now, I will admit, I am in an ocean demanding logic and reason, and I don't know where to begin. Only time will tell, and as much as I want to rush time... well I can't really do that, can I?

8 comments:

  1. some things fail to exhibit any logic or reason.............just have to accept them as is. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm learning daktari. I'm learning :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well your note lacks both... logic and emotion. But your title is interesting. "Retrospect"

    See Goodmood... hindsights a bitch, so as human beings we will always justify what happens to us. My question (and as abstract as it may sound) is, are we then only waiting for the future, to justify the past? The answer is ..wait for it.. NO. Its a mindset thing. You can CHOOSE to wait and justify or you can CHOOSE to drop the baggage and live free. The key here is the CHOICE you have!

    After all, it is the ability to entertain possibilities that sets us on the road to free will.

    Now enjoy! For this is your year... this is your life... and you have only one of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the bite in your words, and thanks for the candour... You're right... it's a choice - not to wait for justification, but to take what you can from a situation and move with it - not as baggage, but as experience, and wisdom...

    And I hope it's YOUR year too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, how are you? It’s the weekend :) a weekend ought to be five days or so.

    I just thought to tell you.
    One, I really think you should go pro, your work is really really good.

    Secondly, there's such intensity there, in your latest works.
    In my view, there are two ways to identify a strong person. First, they don't run away. They run towards life. And you can never keep such a person down

    Secondly, they fight back with intensity, and grow from any experience, even that that is anything other than ideal. It does not happen overnight, but when they get to the apex of that mountain, i.ts irrefutable that they've won.
    I know now, and have appreciation for something I hadn't even been aware existed just a few years back. Life guarantees us unpredictability, but just as well, it promises a lot of adventure and in the end taken with the spirit of a fighter, the pros outweigh the cons.

    So, if you ask me, and going by the logic behind your points, you are already a better person. May it be your year too! Feel free to reach out and grab it with both hands :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! How did you know? :)

    ReplyDelete