Thursday, January 13, 2011

Under the Sea

In a cacophony of watery blues, a solitary specimen of different fish flit here and there among the spiky sea urchins, and lumbering coral and rock formations. Just as the clouds part, and the light warbles softly into the gently unsettled water, a large school of fish glitters into the periphery of my vision.

The fish are a mischievous bunch of black and white stripes, olive green and cornflower blue. The light glints off their shiny bodies in motion, creating a vision so beautiful, I am awestruck... spellbound. And amazingly, I can relate them to another sight I saw not long before on land... A totally different life form, in a totally different element. The light dancing off each fish onto the next as they make their way in the sea, creates a view very much like falling leaves in autumn... it's one of those rare cases of nature imitating nature.

And for that very brief moment... I am confused as to where I really am...

No comments:

Post a Comment